Note: The image above is a beloved local coffee shop in Ventura, CA.
Applications available June 24 – July 8, 2020
The County of Ventura Board of Supervisors today approved a final program to provide $10 million in assistance to local businesses. The Ventura County Business Assistance Grant Program will provide vital grant funding to local businesses and nonprofit organizations developed by the County of Ventura in consultation with the Economic Development Collaborative, Women’s Economic Ventures and the Ventura County Community Foundation.
The main features of this program include grants of $5,000 awarded to small businesses and nonprofit organizations located in Ventura County to alleviate impacts from COVID-19. The funding will be awarded in two phases. For the first phase, Business Assistance Grants will be $5,000 awards to 1,000 recipients and will be available to those small businesses and nonprofit organizations that meet the following criteria:
- The business or nonprofit organization maintains a business license in Ventura County.
- The business or nonprofit organization was in business on, or before, March 17, 2020.
- In 2019, the business or nonprofit organization had total annual gross revenue between $25,000 and $2 million.
- The business or nonprofit has registered with www.vcreopens.com if eligible
- The nonprofit organization is exempt from tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) per an IRS determination letter.
Applications will be available from June 24 to July 8, 2020.